During many of the Primary School holidays, ELA Basel offers a Vacation Programme. This runs from Monday to Friday and each week is based on a theme. Some of the themes from the previous weeks have been: Chocolate, Shadow Puppetry, Multi-Sports, Multi-Media Arts and All About Automobiles. Here is an example of what the children experienced in our popular Fasnacht Vacation Programme.
Fasnacht carnival time
- An introduction to Fasnacht at the start of the week
- Dressing up in Fasnacht costumes to get into carnival mood
- Attending the Children`s Fasnacht parade
- Visiting the Läckerli Huus
- Decorating masks with confetti
- Visiting the Museum der Kulturen to participate in a workshop
- Dancing to carnival music from all around the world
In between and after activities each week, the children have free play and the opportunity to socialise, ensuring a balance of structured activities. Snacks and lunces are provided.