Secondary School Pathways
ELA Basel children transition to a variety of schools when they graduate from our Primary 8 class at the age of 12. Our alumni continue their education at the secondary level in a variety of international, public and private schools both in Basel and Germany. We have a strong record of success in working closely with each family to secure their first choice of secondary school for their child.
ELA Basel holds a transition agreement (Übertrittsvereinbarung Privatschule – Sekundarschule) which means that our Primary 8 reports are accepted for any of our children who wish to transition to a public secondary school in the canton of Basel Stadt without the requirement of an entrance exam or other admissions testing.
The Head of Primary maintains close contact with our graduating Alumni so we are aware of how they are progressing in their new educational settings. The children also have the opportunity to have a reunion with their graduating classmates a couple of times each year which keeps the connections strong.
Secondary school destinations in the past two years have included:
- Hüslimatt Sekundarschule Oberwil
- Freies Gymnasium Basel
- Sekundarschule Binningen-Bottmingen
- Regionales Gymnasium Laufental-Thierstein
- Freie Evangelische Schule Lörrach
- Sekundarschule Allschwil
- Holbein Sekundarschule (Basel-Stadt)
- Hans-Thoma Gymnasium Lörrach
- Bezirksschule Möhlin (BEZ)
- Sekundarschule Sandgruben (Basel-Stadt)
- ISB, SIS, Minerva and Academia
- Sevenoaks School, UK