These have been challenging times for everyone but not least for school communities across the globe. At ELA Basel our comprehensive COVID-19 Risk Management Strategy was planned with the safety of every member of our community in mind. Our safety concept was accredited and approved by the Basel-Stadt health authorities. We will continue to review the Risk Management Strategy and provide updates to our community on a regular basis through the parent portal of the website.
Throughout the pandemic, our priority has been to minimize risk, to safeguard our community, and to maintain normal school life where possible. With the full support of the Board, we will always seek to balance caution with reason and implement responses that are prudent, justified, and effective.
On 31st March 2022, the Basel-Stadt authorities announced the lifting of covid restrictions. In summary, this means the following for our community:
- Covid restrictions are now all lifted, and pre-Covid “normal” rules apply again
- Individual voluntary testing in the primary school will still continue for the moment
- No more need to report cases to Basel-Stadt and to inform the parents about cases in the school
- No longer a need for the school to record covid related absences
- No specific isolation periods are needed. General rule applies when a child is sick, they must be 24h fever/symptom-free before returning to school.
- Masks can continue to be worn in school by personal choice
Thank you for your support during this unprecedented time in our lives. The school community owes our teachers, administrators, assistants and carers a debt of gratitude for keeping the children as safe as possible during the challenges of the pandemic.
Basel-stadt announcement 31.3.22